Article from GigaOm.
It was a busy week around our offices. You might have heard that we hosted our Structure 2012 conference. Nevertheless, between all the talk of clouds, software-defined networks and giant data sets, I did manage to read some good articles and wanted to share those with you.
- 10 signs you may have an unhealthy relationship with social media: Thankfully I suffer from four out of these 10 ailments and slowly am giving up bad social media habits as well.
- In keeping up with this theme, Joe Kraus, Excite co-founder and now a Googler believes we are creating a culture of distraction. Maybe, maybe not. I don’t totally agree with him because I believe every new technology is part of human behavior’s evolution and we are just living through those phases right now.
- Just what is a UX manager? If all this design and UX talk is confounding you then you might want to read this great piece by Adaptive Path’s Brandon Schauer.
- Why every company in the future will need a chief experience officer. Reuben Steiger of Method makes a good case for a CXO, and I buy his argument. This is the best piece I have read this week, by the way.
- Apple and Leica, what do they have in common? They believe in retail experience as a gateway to forming lifelong relationships with their customers. As someone who has secretly coveted one of these cameras, I couldn’t help but share this piece.
- Looks like robots are entering the job market. Wonder what Washington has to say about that?
- And last but not least, a great interview with John Le Carre in the Paris Review. I found it pretty engaging and frankly since watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on the big screen, I am re-reading all the Le Carre books.
Read original article here.